Friday, March 14, 2008

Music Feeds the Soul...

There are many in my English Class (the reason for the creation of my blog), as well as the dear Professor Farley who just want to forward themselves technologically- they want music on their blogs. When creating my blog, I felt it was not properly expressing me as, well, me, unless there was music. The beauty of words and linguistics are a large part of me, as well as many others in my class- So I'll lay a helping hand.

This website, actually found by Dan (thanks hun, lol) is www.esnips.com, where one creates a "widget". I know, a lot of you are saying "Huh? widget? Alyssa...English please!" Well, let me explain. Once the page has opened, by scrolling down you will find a tab stating "widgets", with a red icon on the right hand side.By accessing that tab, the page actually does give a tutorial, and yet, i feel as if I should give a second. In the upper right hand corner there is a search box- you can access any uploaded file by typing in the name of the song and artist- Don't panic- we're almost done.

A list of files will load, showing the title, artist, how many users use this file, and so on. By selecting "Add to Quicklist", that file is being processed so you could access it as an html code to put into your blog. The only thing left for you to do now is customize its' appearance. The link will now say "Go To Quicklist", but you must scroll back up to the top and click "Create Playlist Widget" in a new animated task bar located under the neon orange task bar strip. A new page will now open, allowing you to select the color, and whether or not the link will play automatically of by manually starting it up. After all selections have been made, select update, and the new html code will appear in a scroll box. The last step left is to choose where you want the widget to appear on your blog. These particular files only play on the specific blog that you post- which allows for the freedom of eclectics- you can change your song as often as you update.

This works for me because, well, I'm never the same on any given day =)