Monday, May 5, 2008

Changed For the Better

Overall, the blog has changed me-changed me for what I feel to be the better. I feel as if this outlet makes me a more educated and cultured individual, as well as more social, as I connect with hundreds, maybe even thousands of others through the simple means of a humanistic primal need- communication. As a person, my improved writing is what has astonished me the most, as I often surprise myself, but then again, one is never too old to let life surprise you. In a public setting, I have not only joined the world of cyber space as a blogger, giving communication a whole new meaning in my life. Blending my personal and public life, the real lesson learned has been the comfort of being me, being real in a public setting- something I’d never been before. My writing now has a showcase, something I’d always wanted for what talent I’ve always known I’ve had. In a class setting, I feel that it does serve some credential, as the use of technology and freedom of what an individual chooses to write about meets my standards of what I’d expected in a college class. Coming in, I had expected such freedom, such a work load and definitely an increase in my creative level. This blogging project has opened so many new doors for me, some of which I hadn’t even discovered.
As a part time student and full time appreciator of the arts, my appreciation has only deepened. Professor Farley’s assignments, increasing my ranges of how deep I could go with personal experiences, yet sticking to a formal class that actually teaches something rather then the regurgitation of book-read facts, is truly everything I’d ever wanted in one English class- and is something I’d never gotten until this semester. I’m truly happy that I’ve taken the class, had this opportunity to grow, and forever grateful to Professor David Farley for changing my life more than he could ever know.